Some people want to conserve water in an effort to preserve this resource we ALL depend on. If that is not a motivator for you, then maybe saving money has more appeal to you. How about BOTH!
- Turn off water when you brush your teeth and save four gallons a minute.
- Choose new appliances with the Energy Star logo that signifies efficiency.
- Wash the car at a car wash, where water is recycled.
- Don’t run water over food to thaw it.
- Avoid watering the lawn on windy days, and set a timer if your sprinkler is not automatic.
- Check faucets to be sure each one has an aerator on it: The little mesh screen-like thing inside the spigot.
- Soak dishes rather than working off stuck-on foods under running water.
- Lather hands with the water off.